9 Ways To Decorate Your Bathroom on a Budget
Bathroom on a Limited Budget
Just because there aren’t thousands of dollars available for decorating doesn’t mean that a bathroom can’t be unique, dramatic and visually satisfying. Here are nine ways to spruce up any bathroom on a limited budget from your friends at NewBath Alabama:
- Inexpensive mirrors add both light and space to any bathroom. They reflect colors, faces and other decorations and add character and interest. Try grouping mirrors together rather than scattering them on separate walls for maximum effectiveness.
- Pictures or prints can also be massed on a wall closely together rather than separated. Consider employing a “theme,” such as all black & white photos, a common shape, or older shots from a particular time period.
- Needlework makes a striking wall accent. For example, sampler patterns from Colonial America are easily available and a few samplers grouped on a wall can create a unique look and feel in your bathroom.
- For color and charm, throw a rug on the floor. In a dull or drab bathroom, a rag rug or oriental carpet will add charm and beauty. Just be certain to use a non-skid pad underneath, especially if anyone will be stepping out of a tub or shower.
5 more ways to spruce up your bathroom
- Collections can spark interest and admiration. Pottery, for example, is an unusual accent piece for any bathroom. Or you might consider old bottles, perfume atomizers, shaving mugs or other flea market collectibles. Be certain there is ample space for your collectibles, like a wide shelf with a lip or a generous window sill.
- Color is the quickest, cheapest and easiest way to alter the look of any bathroom. Unusual colors on a bathroom wall, like melon, chocolate brown or peach, will add drama. Also, accents like brightly colored towels in a monochromatic bathroom will provide an outstanding accent.
- Architectural details can spark interest. A piece of beaded or crown molding halfway up the wall or near the ceiling can transform a room, especially if it’s offset by a contrasting color. A more elaborate addition would be grooved paneling over half the wall. Even a shelf or picture rail adds interest.
- Add living color with plants or freshly cut flowers. Plants exude a soothing energy that creates a Zen-like atmosphere that is very conducive to relaxation and letting go of stress.
- If space permits, furniture can add an unusual detail to any bathroom. Furniture need not be expensive. Most Goodwill or Salvation Army stores will have a battered piece of furniture that can be revived with sanding, paint and some unusual and classy handles or knobs.
Doesn’t have to Cost you an arm and a leg
All nine of these ideas won’t work in every bathroom, nor should they. Simply choose one or two, as your budget permits, and begin slowly adding details. Soon you’ll have an interesting and relaxing bathroom, and it won’t have cost you an arm and a leg to accomplish it!